Join us for an informative day about living, working, and thriving in the City of Hamilton. Hear keynotes from successful alumni, small business leaders, and community activators about how to stay in our fair city. There will be break out sessions covering a variety of topics from starting a business to developing your online brand.
After an educating day at McMaster Innovation Park, join Global Hamilton Connect for the official afterparty. Network with other International Students and Young Professionals in a fun and casual environment.
Opening Keynote - Tej Sandhu, Merit Brewery
Presentation about Immigration Policy - Elizabeth Long, Long Mangaliji LLP
Breakout Sessions from:
- How to start a small business in Hamilton with Jodi Laking and Joanne Douglas-Lane (City of Hamilton)
- Developing your online brand with Suzanne Zandbergen (The Generator)
- Understanding your taxes with Gina Robinson and Andrijana Olaizola (McMaster University)
- Hamilton's small business landscape and ecosystem with Judy Travis (Workforce Planning Hamilton)
- The housing market in Hamilton with Krysta Boyer (Judy Marsales Realty)
- Interviewing for a job in Canada with Tanya Kett (McMaster University)
- Why Hamilton? Hear from community leaders about why they chose Hamilton to live, work, and play.
- What are employers looking for in a candidate? Hear from top employers about what they are looking for in a candidate to join their company and organization.
Closing Keynote with Jonid Hametaj, JH Accounting